We want to hear from you
Would you like to contribute your tip, pitch or your guest column to Gentle Art Jiu Jitsu?
So you’ve got the inside scoop on a story or topic that we cover ? Please let us know in the form below. We will respect your anonymity.
Tell us your story ideas in the form below.
Interested in submitting a guest column to the GAJJ Network? Read below.
To vary our subject matter and present differing points of view, we publish guest column on subjects relating to BJJ and submission grappling. If you’re interested in writing about a current issue or problem in the BJJ world, if you have a point of view about grappling or wrestling that you’d like to share, if you’ve had an experience that you think would help, inform, and/or warn other grapplers–we’d like to hear from you.
We’re not a paying market, but we’ll give you a byline, a bio, and links to your website, blog, or whatever. We’ll also expect you to be available to respond to comments on your post.
- Please submit original content. We request that your blog post submission be original and not published anywhere else.
- Ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws.
- Post may be edited. We reserve the right to correct grammar and edit, including the title, but will not change sentences or meanings.
- Length between 500-1,000 words. We would like your post to be between 500-1,000 words with bullets and subheaders where possible for readability.
- Have a conclusion.
- Have a call to action for readers after the conclusion.
- Have an author bio at the end (about 40 words). You can link to your blog and a product of yours that is offered free to GAJJ readers. Please send us the links and we will add them. A sample author bio is: Yamada Taro is a BJJ coach and blogs at yourblogaddress.com, a blog about BJJ and submission grappling. Grab his free eBook, Blah blah blah.
- Offer links to a few suggested images in your pitch email. A good source of images is: Bigstock.
- If your post does not follow the guidelines, you may not receive a response from us.
Once we’ve accepted your post proposal, please send us a word document. Also attach any images that are part of the post. Please don’t be upset if we recommend some changes–we want your post to be successful. The post may be edited for greater clarity, grammar, punctuation etc.
- Carefully edit and proofread your post.
- If your post includes images, send them to us as attachments, indicating where in the text they should be located.
- Be prepared to respond to comments in a timely manner over the next few days.
- Change the font or the font color, or use , or tags.
- Include affiliate links.
- Attach images to the post.
We’ll contact you within 2-3 weeks if the idea is a good fit for GAJJ.
Note: We retain the copyright of all material published on Gentle Art Jiu Jitsu. A guest poster cannot republish their guest post elsewhere; it must remain unique to GAJJ.